CODE OF CONDUCT AND CONFIDENTIALITY
Welcome to angelgroups, a group of like-minded business Angels, looking for
investment opportunities and to provide mentoring support. In joining the group you
agree to be bound by this code of conduct, confidentiality and non-solicitation policy.
You agree to:
- Disclose to the group any relationship under your direct control you have or may
have had with a presenting (including online and face-to-face pitches) company,
including any financial gain you or your affiliates may receive from the company
or proposed investment in the company.
- Use good judgment, adhere to high ethical standards and avoid situations that
create an actual or potential conflict of interest. A “conflict of interest” arises
when a person’s loyalties or actions are divided between the interests of a
company and those of another, such as a competitor, supplier or customer, or
personal business. A conflict of interest can arise when a member takes actions
or has interests that may make it difficult for him or her to objectively and
effectively support a company seeking funding. A conflict of interest may also
arise when an individual, or a member of his or her family, receives an improper
personal benefit as a result of his or her position in, or relationship with, a
company. The appearance of a conflict of interest alone can adversely affect the
angelgroups franchising network and its relations with companies seeking
- Treat all information received in the strictest of confidence and to not share such
information with anybody outside the angelgroups platform other than your
own professional advisers.
- Provide anonymous feedback to the businesses through the platform as often as
- Use the system’s processes for managing your investments.
- Conduct your own analysis and due diligence to determine the appropriateness
of any investment you make in any company to which you are introduced
through the angelgroups franchising networK or via the angelgroups
platform. As a result, you recognise and agree that neither angelgroups nor its
franchisees, representatives or agents are responsible or liable in any way for
any investment decision you make as a result of being a member of
angelgroups. The choice to use and the manner of utilisation of information and
knowledge gained through your membership of angelgroups is your individual
and personal choice.
- Seek your own professional advice from regulated professionals and understand
that neither angelgroups, nor any of its franchisees offer neither the investors
nor the business any form of investment advice.
- Make any equity or other investment transaction directly with the respective
company or through your own legal advisers.
- Seek your own business validation and you understand that angelgroups
meetings are not an offer to sell or solicitation to buy any security by
angelgroups, its franchisees or any affiliated entity.
- Pay your annual subscription when it becomes due and accept that non-payment
of annual membership fees will result in automatic termination of membership
in angelgroups and/or any other group you are associated with through the
- Make every effort to attend at least 50% of all full membership meetings
(including pitches) and that you are willing to make investments, participate in
due diligence, and you understand that any violation of the Code of Conduct,
Confidentiality and Non-Solicitation Policy is grounds for immediate termination
of your angelgroups membership or any other group associated with the
platform and that such a decision is at the sole discretion of Angel Groups
You agree to:
- Recognise and understand that angelgroups meetings/communications/platform
are focused on investment pursuits and that you will not solicit another member
or any company that has applied for funding through the angelgroups platform
- Consult with your local angelgroups franchisee if you have any questions over a
potential conflict of interest.
- Not negotiate what are commonly referred to as “side investment
opportunities” or “backroom investment opportunities” with any entrepreneur
or company under consideration for investment. Any investment that is not fully
disclosed to, is detrimental to, or excludes other angelgroups members would
fall into this category.
- Should you come into possession of confidential or non‐public information about
a company, you will safeguard the information from the public and not
intentionally or inadvertently communicate it to any person (including family
members and friends) unless the person has a need to know the information for
legitimate business reasons. You will not disclose confidential or proprietary
information obtained as a consequence of your association with angelgroups to
third parties without express authorisation from the respective angelgroups
franchisee and or the entity whose confidential information it is. You will be
discreet with respect to confidential information about potential investments as
to which you receive information not available to other members of angelgroups
generally and not discuss it in public places. You will respect the privacy of other
members and not provide their names to any third party without their
You will promptly notify the respective angelgroups franchisee of any change in your
contact information or accredited investor status occurring after the date of your